Friday, 5 September 2014

A2 Main Production Review

For this years practical production project I have made the decision to work independently. I feel this will enable me to produce stronger work due the fact last year we had difficulty following our practical production schedule as we both had different commitments. Working independently allows me to make my decisions and work when I am able to. My chosen type of production to produce is a documentary and my initial idea is to produce a newspaper and two page spread for my ancillary tasks. These are my first thoughts due to the fact I would feel more comfortable communicating with writing as apposed to recording vocally.  

I have two initial ideas both differ from each other. My first thought was to produce a direct cinema type documentary of Chauncy School where a variety of students and teachers are followed and interviewed about their behaviours, achievements and weaknesses. This idea is much inspired by 'Educating Essex' a series on Channel 4. My second idea was to focus my documentary on the life of Emma Custis and her rise to fame. Considered to be a triple threat due to her talent; including swimming, acting and singing. Here I would interview family/friends regarding Emma's triumph and determination to get in the position she is in today. So far I have been looking at different locations in order to help me make my final decision about what documentary type to produce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment