
Today I made the decision to film some interviews both in school and at home with Emma's friends and manager. Firstly i filmed the interview with Anais and Amy two of Emma's best friends. Here I used a tripod and set up the scene to be a talking heads interview. Here both Anais and Amy discussed how long they have been friend's with Emma and how they know her. Similarly this is what I asked Liam Hurley (Emma's manager) to say; including his thoughts on her as an artist and hopes for her future. Whilst at school and had access to the music block I took close up shots of interaction with different instruments which could be used if any gaps needed filling with additional footage. Instrumentals included the piano and guitar.

At this stage after collecting the majority of my footage I have made the choice not to focus my documentary on the swimming aspect of Emma's career as I felt it didn't fit in the genre of my footage and wasn't a crucial aspect to my film. I also felt I was too ambitious with the type of footage which I had hoped to collect e.g. I hoped to achieve under water shots however I didn't have the correct equipment to do so.

No comments:
Post a Comment