PRODUCTION- EMMA CUSTIS: A TOTAL
I feel like the final production of my documentary was successful in a number
or ways however I do feel like there is still room for improvements. I believe
throughout the creation of my documentary I always had the target audience in
the back of my find and in my opinion I successfully responded to the target
audience as my final product did appeal to the demographics that I hoped it
would. As well following typically documentary conventions I also challenged
some, which I hoped, would be a decision and make the documentary still
appealing to watch although common aspects aren’t shown.
I believe I successfully used a variety of shots for a
talking heads documentary as a lot of the shots that are used are standstill
and repetitive. I was able to include including a time-lapse sequence, handheld
shots and a montage of both images and videos. The use of these types of shots
makes the documentary more interesting to watch for the audience. As well as
the cinematography used I believe that the character types which I created were
interesting to watch. Emma appeared to be a very grateful, fortunate character
and didn’t come across being arrogant and malicious which some artists can. The
role of Liam, the manager came across to be professional and supportive in Emma
as an artist that made him appear to be an authentic character. Finally the
characters of Amy and Anais I felt reflected many teenager girls very well.
Both characters are fighting to be Emma’s best friend arguing who’s known her
the longest and who’s more proud of her. This performance also makes their
scene to be quite comical and funny to watch, which makes their scene stand out
from the others in the documentary, as all other scenes are quite serious.
After the finalising my documentary there are still some
aspects, which I would change if I were provided with the time. The second
interview with Emma I believe appears to be slightly blurry due to the high
exposure of light. This was something I was keen to refilm however I did run
out of time so I overlapped it with some footage which I had previously filmed
for another project which did infact fit the genre of the documentary.
ANCILLARY TASK: DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD
.png)
I was very happy with the outcome of my double page spread. After conducting
research looking at existing media products. I found one example, which I was
very keen to imitate the style of. The outcome I believe looks very
professional and neat due to the use of minimal colour. Filling one of the
pages with a portrait shot of Emma I believe was a good technique as it makes
it clear to the audience that the article is about Emma Custis and if you don’t
know the artist by name you may do by face. The layout of the double page
spread I feel contributes to the overall success of this piece as in my opinion
it looks very proficient with the addition of the ‘EXCLUSIVE’ peeling sticker
which is a convention commonly used in magazine articles.
ANCILLARY TASK: NEWSPAPER ARTICLE
When creating my newspaper article I needed to make sure that there were
similar aspects used in my Double page spread so they promoted the artist and
created a brand for her. To do this I used the same colours of black and red
and wrote using the same font of Georgia. I used the same quote which I put in
large font on the double page spread in a tag line further creating a name for
the artist in hope to enhance the popularity of her. Overall I believe the combination of all three tasks work successfully together.

No comments:
Post a Comment