During this process of planning and producing my practical production my skills have expanded since GCSE in a number of ways. I have learnt about array of different electronic devices, software and programmes. I feel as if my knowledge on shot types and editing skills have vastly improved due the fact more skills are required in order to achieve a high grade.
PLANNING AND RESEARCH
Since starting my practical production project I have used Blogger on a weekly basis. To keep hold/track of all my work towards the project including production updates, production schedules, scripts etc. Blogger is able to present my work in way which shows my progression through the project as it lays out work in a chronological order. The use of social networking sites including Twitter and Facebook have enabled me to keep in contact with my other group members (Emma and Liam) allowing us to arrange where to meet, what time etc. when filming was necessary. In addition to this I was also to keep in contact with them through the use of messaging applications including iMessage and Whats App. These made the process a lot more workable and easy. We took images using an iPhone and edited them accordingly on programme Picasa 3, these images included characters, locations, props etc. Sites including YouTube, Megashare and 4OD helped us during the research stage to look at the film conventions of genres similar to ours including sound and camerawork.
PRODUCTION
When filming our production we used a ‘Canon Legria Camcorder Plus’ this camera was different to the one I had previously used at GCSE. At first I felt at a disadvantage as I weren’t familiar with the settings and buttons etc. however after a few hours with the product I had adjusted to it. Our camera is considered as low budget equipment. The camera enabled us to film the footage we needed however at a low quality. We weren’t able to manually adjust the focus, aperture and exposure which put us at a drawback in comparison to other peers in our class as they had the type of equipment to do so. We filmed the non-diegetic sound voiceover of David with the use of an Apple iPhone; this appeared as strong quality as the phone was held the correct separation distance between the mouth and microphone.
POST PRODUCTION


No comments:
Post a Comment