Monday, 26 January 2015

Ancillary Task Research: Newspaper Advertisement

For my second ancillary task I chose to create an advertisement which would appear in the newspaper. The type of newspaper which featured my advertisement I felt was essential as the demographics from both my advertisement and newspaper needed to match. I conducted some research to see which newspaper had the youngest audience. From my findings I found that the Guardian, The Sun and The Mirror are the newspapers with the youngest audience, therefore I made the decision to feature my advertisement in The Sun Newspaper; this is with hope that the demographics for the documentary will be reading the newspaper. 

I continued to conduct research before creating my piece by researching existing posters for television shows. There were a number of aspects which occurred in each poster therefore I felt was necessary to include in mine ignored to make it look authentic. In each poster I have looked out there is minimal text used in each, only essential information is shown, this includes the title, the day/time of release and the channel in which it is broadcasted on. The use of minimal text means the focus isn't taken away from the advertisement itself. From my research I have also found that the majority of posters contain an image of the main star(s) which can also be a strong advertisement technique as it can enhance popularity/interest in the show if they see a familiar face starring. One other technique I saw used was quotations from the show e.g. Breaking Bad used "CALL ME HEISENBURG". I felt these three techniques would help me to produce a successful outcome. One other aspect which I wanted to include with a film reel of images, I found this when researching for my double page spread however made the decision not to not include one as it didn't fit my theme. I think this particular aspect will look effective on a poster as it would introduce to the audience who Emma Custis is and what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment